Season 21 Ratings announcement

Darlington
FMFA Owner
FMFA Owner
FMFA Credits:  86,415,170

Season 21 Ratings announcement

Post by Darlington »

Right guys,
A lot of people have pointed out the odd results we have been getting this last season or two.
We also know that the game engine was not made to deal with 30 and above ratings.

In view of this we are making the decision that we will reduce the main ratings on all players by 10 and any secondary will be at a maximum of 2 below main.
For example:
J_Bloggs 24 eng 1 31 13 3 will become J_Bloggs 24 eng 1 21 13 3
Or an U23 example would be
J_Bloggs 20 eng 1 21 13 3 will become J_Bloggs 24 eng 1 11 9 3

We will run treated first then the rating reductions.

As a result of this rules, u23s, shop 3rd will be needing changing to match. All will be in off season but we maybe a week or so longer due to changes etc.
Nocky
FMFA Member
FMFA Member
FMFA Credits:  7,166,665

Re: Season 21 Ratings announcement

Post by Nocky »

Will we get a chance to apply prize abs first?

Code: Select all

T_Iroegbunam  19 eng  1 14 22 13 25 300 536 430 574
I have this guy that I’ve invested in quite a bit as a scout then with prize abs and secondary upgrades. As it stands he’ll reduce to a 10-12-10 - that’s a massive reduction. 7 secondaries on top of the normal reduction. At least with prize abs I can save a few of them. Or can we use the abs exchange process first?
Nocky
FMFA Member
FMFA Member

Post by Nocky »

Or maybe like at Christmas give us a chance to reallocate abs across players before the decrease? So I could take 2 off TK and 1 off SH on the above to make him a 12-15-12 after reduction?
Daniel
FMFA Owner
FMFA Owner
FMFA Credits:  29,455,884

Post by Daniel »

Prize abs are always done after EOS updates, this deduction is an EOS update so will be done before any prize abs or other bonuses are opened (its essentially a huge EOS rerate!). AEM is still open as I don't believe we've closed the transfer window this season so they can still be done as per the AEM rules.
Nocky
FMFA Member
FMFA Member

Post by Nocky »

Daniel wrote: 27 Jul 2023, 14:28 Prize abs are always done after EOS updates, this deduction is an EOS update so will be done before any prize abs or other bonuses are opened (its essentially a huge EOS rerate!). AEM is still open as I don't believe we've closed the transfer window this season so they can still be done as per the AEM rules.
Yeah but I’m maxed out for this season in that I’ve used 4 players. I wasn’t thinking about AEM as it turns out - I was thinking of what happened at Christmas where you allowed us to reallocate abs across a player.

I’m guessing the outcome of this is going to be “tough luck” which is going to be very frustrating considering the amount I’ve invested in the player for a change that, TBH, I’m not sure I think is necessary.
Daniel
FMFA Owner
FMFA Owner

Post by Daniel »

You're one of the ones who has complained about the weird results that have resulted in this action needing to be taken!

I'll tag @Darlington in this so he can have a look over it and see if anything else can be done RE the U23 players but honestly its going to be difficult to please everyone with this
Nocky
FMFA Member
FMFA Member

Post by Nocky »

Daniel wrote: 27 Jul 2023, 14:41 You're one of the ones who has complained about the weird results that have resulted in this action needing to be taken!

I'll tag @Darlington in this so he can have a look over it and see if anything else can be done RE the U23 players but honestly its going to be difficult to please everyone with this
I've never said anything about ratings. I've seen weird results with 30+ratings and ratings under 20 and everything in the middle. I have no problem with trying something new (although I don't thins will change those odd ones) but when it negatively impacts on individual players it's a bit of a kick in the teeth.

It'll likely only be youth squads and those who have invested in them that will be impacted - I can see players at Villa, Everton, Liverpool who will be impacted. No can't please everyone but certainly could at least give us an option to react to this. Or compensate us for the extra loss.
David H
FMFA Member
FMFA Member
FMFA Credits:  55,421,236

Post by David H »

Before anything is done could you explain what weird means?

I havn't noticed anything really strange with Spurs or Chelsea

It's also been my understanding the game engine doesn't like it when players reach 40 rating,
one game stops this happening another just puts a max rating limit on when the matches are played
Daniel
FMFA Owner
FMFA Owner

Post by Daniel »

David H wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 07:55 Before anything is done could you explain what weird means?

I havn't noticed anything really strange with Spurs or Chelsea

It's also been my understanding the game engine doesn't like it when players reach 40 rating,
one game stops this happening another just puts a max rating limit on when the matches are played
I'm unsure. I think its best to get this season over with then have a good look properly at the results over the season and the ratings across the board. It might be we dont need to do such drastic action and something else may be the answer. Will come back to this at the end of the season.
Darlington
FMFA Owner
FMFA Owner
FMFA Credits:  86,415,170

Post by Darlington »

Wolverhampton_Wanderers 0 - 7 Sheffield_United
Liverpool_U23s 6 - 1 Tottenham_Hotspur_U23s

are just a couple examples of odd scores. Plus games with two players sent off and not losing etc.

These are getting more frequent then we have had before and managers have brought this up. Whether it is 30 or 40 for the game engine maximum we are over 1 and racing on towards the other and we decided now was the time to act and cut ratings.