Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Quarter Final Results

Watford 1-1 Sunderland. 

I couldn't get on to sheet proper, so had to send in the formation and tactic, which started off well as we took the lead, but without the conditionals we didn't change much when we took the lead and Watford got themselves a deserved equaliser to take it to extra time and pens, probably wont se a more eventul second half of extra time like it again!  

youll probably struggle to see a worse penalty shootout also. 7 missed penalties, I don't think any of us wanted to win it.

Anyway we won the lottery and Watford will feel rather disgruntled they didn't go through having the better of the play, but they can be proud of their performance at the same time,

cheers for the game pal. 

Bournemouth 0 - 0 Everton

Not a pretty game, and even being up a player for most of regulation time we couldn't manage much, but we got through and that's the main thing.

Jesus when it's against you it really kicks you. We lost on penalties and played most of the game with ten men. 

Once we lost Mkhitaryan then we were right up against it. The only plus side is we stopped Bournemouth right the way through and still had more shots than them.

we restricted them to 3 on target and that is a plus but with ten we weren't going to cause much trouble.  As for the penalties there isn't a lot you can do either your lucks in or its out. Ours was out and Bournemouth's was in.

What I will say is of all the options I considered in a one leg affair with home advantage I never anticipated a defensive formation from Bournemouth so fair play there but i do feel if we had had 11 on for the game it may have been a different result. We will never know. 

Good luck @Neilr in your semi.

12 hours ago, Tony said:

Watford 1-1 Sunderland. 

I couldn't get on to sheet proper, so had to send in the formation and tactic, which started off well as we took the lead, but without the conditionals we didn't change much when we took the lead and Watford got themselves a deserved equaliser to take it to extra time and pens, probably wont se a more eventul second half of extra time like it again!  

youll probably struggle to see a worse penalty shootout also. 7 missed penalties, I don't think any of us wanted to win it.

Anyway we won the lottery and Watford will feel rather disgruntled they didn't go through having the better of the play, but they can be proud of their performance at the same time,

cheers for the game pal. 

Cheers Tony.

Was a bit surprised to see the random. Watford gave it a red hot crack - but not to be on the day.

Best of luck for the remainder of the cup.

Spurs 0 - 0 Reds (Spurs wins 6-5 on pens)

A really bad week for us. The home side had Cenk Tosun sent off midway through the first half but despite playing 11 vs 10 we couldn't break them down. We dominated the game and had more than enough chances to win but our finishing was poor. The game went to penalties after 120 scoreless minutes and we didn't have enough to win it.