FMFA Manager
Sign in to follow this  
Ian McNamara

Welcome to the south coast and to st Mary's stadium,.

We would like to welcome you to the sough coast and to st mary's Stadium. St Mary's Stadium is the home of Southampton football club a small wel run club that has a habit of punching above it's wait, it also has a reputation for developing good young players who have gone on to play for big clubs and even there countries. Southampton are also a club who have a habbit of bringing un known players and developing them into good players who often then get sold on. However despite this Southampton always seem to be able to bring in replacements for these players and the process starts again. 

So why are we here today I here you ask well we're here today because welcome to the south coast is the title of our saints fanzine for the upcoming season. This fanzine will hav everything southampton and we can't wait to bring you along for the ride. Weather you are visiting the south coast on holiday or weather you are a resedent of southampton why not come to the stadium and take in a game. We're excited about the upcoming season because after a long time under caretaker managership we finally have secured the services of a full time manager. Read on in the fanzine to find out more. 

We hope your visit to the south coast and to the st mary's stadium is Enjoyible and that you will come on the journey as we bring southampton this little small town club into a force to be reckoned with. 

Welcome to the fanzine and sit back with a bag of fish and chips and enjoy the ride. 

New manager announced at Southampton football club. 

Ralph Krueger chairman of Southampton Football club  announced today a very exciting development for the club. After a long time under caretaker managership Southampton have been succesful in appointing a full time manager. It has been a long wait for the fanz but finally they have managed to secure the services of a hungry and bright young manager who has drive and ambission to succeed. He also fits in with the clubs ethos  for developing young talent as this club is famous for.

The manager in question is 35 year old Ian McNamara. Although young McNamara is quite experienced on the ESMS scene and formally managed Aston villa here previously and managed to make them into a decent team. McNamara although totally blind knows the game well and knows how to manage a football team. His fellow managers on the scene help him with the things he finds difficult to do independantly and his squad and match reports are made accessible for him to follow so he's able to chart the progress of his squad without trouble. McNamara decided to return to FMFA after seeing that they now had under 23ns football included which is something he loves just as much as first team management. Krueger had the following to say about the Appointment.

"Getting Ian as our manager is a great day for this club, we have a great mix of youth and experience at this club and we're sure that Ian will be able to manage this group of players really well. We are really excited with Ian's appointment because we know he has the habit of giving young players the oppertunity to shine which for a club like us is important because we're small and although we are currently in a good finantial position it's important that we keep the club running smoothly clubs like us who have top youth fasilities are then able to concentrate on making sure that the club runs securely, it was vital that the manager we found would be willing to manage the youth side of Southampton as well so that both teams can work together. Ian is more than happy with doing this and enjoys that side of the game. We're looking forward to hopefully being able to push for promotion this season or maybe next as due to Ian's ethos for playing young players we understand that a bit of rebuilding might happen before we can rush for promotion. Ian has signed a 3 year deal with us and within that three years we want to be back in the top flight. We would like to have a hungry young side who want to compete or any players who turn out not to be good enough for our first team to be able to cell them knowing that we developed them to a stage where they were ready to move on and take up the mantle of joining another club. Already Ian has wasted no time with the under 23s side improving some of the all round squad rather than the better players. This is good because it means that he's got options open to him for picking sides meaning he does not have as much worry if he has to play a weaker player. We're impressed with his attitude even though he's only been in post for a couple of hours. He's identified two targets he wants from the auction both young players and has put in bids for them. This is something we're proud of because Ian knew what he was looking for and came and asked us for permission to enter the bids. He has also let us know of a couple of players he plans to let go and we're totally behind him in this regard because we can see already what his aims are."

McNamara said the following about coming to Southampton.

"Southampton is a great little family club that has an ethos for developing young players. Some of these players play for the first team and some don't either moving on to clubs more suited to there level or weather it's moving to a bigger club. People like buying our prospects because they know that there getting a good player and that the player will have had good teaching and training. I have focused mainly on improving some of the backup players in the youth team in the last couple of hours because I want to make sure we end up with a well rounded squad so we're able to compete with the best sides in the league. Being in the top youth devision we need all the players to be able to perform at the highest level and this is something we're hoping will happen. The first team is a great team but the age in some of the playing positions does worry me so that's something I plan to look at over the next few days. The board have given me finances so I am able to work on potentially getting what we need reducing the age of the squad without affecting the rating to much and making sure that we're able to still compete. I know the fanz want to get back to the top flight in first team football but my main aim at the moment is reducing the age of the squad specially the older players. I am filled with Optimisum as I take on the new roll and can't wait to really get started. I like to build teams quite slowly working on one Position at a time although with the really good selection of youth abs it allowed me to focus on two. I know what i am looking for in a player and i'll be making sure that all the players fit into our Ethos. if a player does not then we'll look to move them on as this is a good family club and that's the way we're looking to keep it."

Manager speaks to the Media after his first day on the job.

Today Ian McNamara took on his roll at Southampton football club, it's a great time to come in as the season has not started so he's got time to really look at his squad and identify where the improvements are needed. Already he's identified two areas where the team are aging and could do with improvements in though's pocissions and is currently working on where he could potentially gain the improvements. He's not ready yet to bring players up from under 23s football as he wants to see his current lads in action in that side before seeing what the quality is like on a first team level. He said the following after taking charge for his first day.

"I am really excited to come here to this great club, this is a club with a really good ethos and well ran. I have enjoyed meeting the players and we've had a really positive first training session. The team is good and strong and we're really looking forward to the future of this fantastic club. I have a good mix of players although the age of some members of the squad does worry me slightly however we have some good young players developing and if they develop as I hope then that might be a good avenue for replacing our aging members of the squad. My aim is to bring young and Hungry players in who want to play football grow and improve. The future of this club looks bright from what I have seen so far and I am sure that we're going to have a fantastic ride as we start this exciting journey." 

Youth football at the saints.

Today our focus is on youth football at the saints. In the top devision of youth football it's a tough battle every week however Southampton football club believe that they are ment to be there. Southampton have a very strong under 23s lineup and are sure they can get results. After the extra awards are added they will be strong in all areas of the field. Today we looked at the plans for the youth team and noticed that with six strikers two will lightly not make the grade. however based on McNamara's squad aditions it's easy to see who though's two strikers are. The youth side are clearly being improved in a steady manner and it's clear that the coaching team at the Academy have clear plans in how this should be done. McNamara said the following about youth football when we spoke to him on the subject earlier today.

"Youth football is vital here at southampton, we are a club who want to develop our own players for our first team in the future but any players who don't make the grade we like to make sure that there at a level where they have a chance of building some kind of carreer   with another club. It is vital to me that as many players as possible have a chance of making the grade wich is why we're always looking for improvements to our squad. Developing youth players takes time and effort and it's not something that all managers really have the passion for. I am always on the look out for teams who don't seem to really have youth football in there plans and often look to take the prospects I feel have a chance of making it and bring them in to a club ware youth football is a priority as much as senior football. Youth is the future of a club and if you can develop your own talent it can save you a lot of money long term and allow you to then concentrate on improving the areas that need the biggest improvement. Developing your own talent also means that you don't need to spend as much money in the transfer market making it possible to put your club on the map by producing your own first team. The dream in the future is to have a whole squad both first team and under 23s developed by us. Mainly once we have a first team that is competing at a high level we'll then be concentrating on bringing top young players in to enable us to control our own development of players. Any players who don't develop well enough to make our grade will then be sold to other clubs. Having our own production line and developed squad is a dream I feel we can achieve and it's something that is possible to do in my opinion. This has to be managed carefully though because we don't want to many players going up to first team level at once meaning that we don't have enough players to keep the youth team going. It also has to be done carefully because if we have two many young players playing in a first team at once at a high level there is danger of a lack of leadership quality and experience could make the team suffer if there is not enough personality out there in order for a game to be taken by the scruff of the neck. However our long term goal is to have an under 23s squad with regular players coming in and making it to first team level. My goal is to one day be running a club where we're developing the majority of players ourselves so that the only types of players we're spending money on is youngsters to keep this developing line coming. I want to make this the best Academy where everyone will want to come to get players from so that we can become self sufissiont and build our own product line of players who can hopefully go on and make it at all levels. It's a long term project and won't happen over night because players take time to develop and over time ratings will probably go up in regards to players coming into the game so that will have to be taken into account when we're putting our plan into action. My aim is to have at least one player per season if not two or three making it to a level where there ready to either be conciddered to play first team football for us or can be sent out on loan to a first team in order to develop further. I also look to improve the weaker members of the squad with the youth abs awards because that way the players who don't get as much game time as others still have a chance of gaining affective development. I like to have a squad that I feel I can call on so if a starting player gets injoured or suspended I know the player I am bringing in is of a similar quality. This way the squad develops at a manigible rate and you don't start losing two many players to first team at once."

• Like 1

New signings set to be announced later today.

Southampton football club confirmed today that they have made two new signings, there is still paper work to finish but the deals are confirmed and will go threw. The two signings and the manager will be expected at a press confrance either later today or early tomorrow morning. There is still some paper work left to be completed but the signings are over the line. Currently we can confirm that it will be a defender and a striker and Vergal Vandijk after expressing the wish for a move will be the player making way for these two new boys. We're looking forward to seeing how they fit when they arrive and it will help the plans for the club moving forward. Ralph Krueger chairman of Southampton said the following.

"In the two days he's been in the job Ian has been working hard looking at where improvements might be needed. We're really impressed with his attitude since arriving because if he gains an auction signing that he's targeted this will have enabled  us to have four good young strikers plus the lads who are being developed in the youth team, this means it's a position we won't need to strengthen for years to come. Ian has been quick and well organised in order to achieve this and that's one position that he will have then improved. He's proven that he's willing to think out of the box and although he's let a very good player go in Vergal it's clear that Vergal has been unhappy at the club for a while now. Ian saw this streight away and when he approached us about this we were able to inform him about the offer for the swap deal. We're impressed with the start Ian has made and with the improvement to sam coming up this will give us an exciting young strike force that could potentially be one of the best in seasons to come. Also it'll mean that any strikers who don't make the grade can go because there'll be a young crop developing. Ian has proven that he's willing to do what ever it takes to get what is needed. We'll be publishing a list of players for the market later today as I am due to have a meeting with Ian about this. Ian has shown fantastic commitment since taking this job and we're excited to see how this squad develops over the next few weeks. His attention to detail has been second to none and we're looking forward to seeing goals at St mary's next season." 

Southampton announce three new signings.

Southampton can today announce three new signings as they were successful in obtaining there target from the recent auction making the players coming in a total of three so far. The three signings can now be affisially announced as all the paperwork has now gone threw and they will soon be arriving at the club. The three signings are as follows. From QPR in the deal which involved Vergal going the other way come in experienced defender Stephen Calka and Young talented 21 year old Dan Darbyshire. Both are good players and are expected to be great players for the club. Stephen is an experienced defender and Dan is young and hungry. We're glad to do this deal as Vergal was clearly unhappy at the club and praise is given to the manager and is team for sorting the problem out. McNamara said the following about the deal when he spoke to Sky sports news earlier today.

"I am happy with this deal, Stephen and Dan are both good players and Dan being young is what we wanted in our striking options. Stephen is an experienced defender at this level and is a solid center back. We're hoping that both players settle quickly as we're excited about the future that these two players have. Both hav signed 4 year deals at the club as we were keen to commit them to long term contracts. Both are expected to feature a lot for the team this season although Dan will probably find himself 4th choice as we have four very good and talented strikers here at the moment and we expect them all to get chance."

The third signing is from the auction, Southampton are pleased to announce the signing of 21 year old striker Karlan Grant from Hiddisfield town for 60 million pounds. People will question the price tag I am sure but McNamara has proven that he knows what he's doing so far so it's suspected that people will give him a chance to prove the investmant is worth while. McNamara said the following.

"Karlan is a good young player who has proven that he's a goal scorer he'll give our young strike force much needed compatition for places and we're looking forward to his arrival at our club. He'll need to bide his time although with his price tag and age if he shows promis early on in training he could start the season. It's going to be great compitition for places up front and we're hoping that all four will make my choices hard."

• Like 1

Three players un valed to fans. 

Hello everyone and welcome to this press conference today we are at ST Mary's stadium where our three new signings will speak for the first time since there arrival at the club. The actual processing of the deals has yet to be completed but everything has been put threw and the deals are fully confirmed. The three players as you know are Stephen Calka, Dan Darbyshire and Karlan Grant. Each player will have a seperate slot where they will all take time to answer questions. The three players have all been introduced to the players and have all had a tour of the ground and fasilities here. We can safely say they were all impressed with what they saw and can't wait for the chance to come here. Firstly however we're going to here from Manager Ian McNamara and Chairman Ralph Krueger who are going to talk about the rolls and impact they see these three lads having on the team going forward. Over to Mr Krueger.

"Mr Krueger Karlan Grant cost you 60,000,000 pounds, what made you pay that amount of money for an un proven player conciddoring that Mr McNamara has only been in post for a short time?"

"Firstly I want to say I trust Ian 100 percent and know he knows what he's doing. He's an experienced manager and knows how to develop young players. We bid a high price because we see high Potential in Karlan and he's young and English which is another reason we decided to take him. Yes it's a high price tag but we feel that this club will benifit highly from paying this amount of money for a player who we believe is going to turn into a top player for this club. Karlan has shown he's a goalscorer and has some very good qualities. He's a young man with huge ambition and we're signing that."

"Mr Krueger, Dan Darbyshire another un proven player yet you say letting Vergal go who's a vital player for you go was the write thing to do to sign a player with potential and an average defender lower in skil than Vergal. What is your thinking in allowing Ian to do this?"

"Well quite frankly Vergal has been unhappy here for a long time and has been asking for a move for a long time. I do not want players playing for this club who don't want to play for us. Stephen jumped at the chance as did dan and both expressed there delight early on in negotiations wanting this deal to go ahead. We feel that if a player does not want to be somewhere trying to keep them is not worth it and it is best to just allow them to leave."

"Mr McNamara can you tell us your reasoning for these three signings? Your putting your faith in four young strikers the oldest only being 23 years old?" 

"Well these players have good qualities, Sam specially has been waiting for a chance to play first team football here for a while after quite a few loan spells, he's a player I have followed for a long time now and although he's going to be the most experienced striker age wise he's ready to take that mantal on and finally ready to play for our first team. The other three Richalason Darbyshire and Grant are young and hungry and I can see a lot of goals in our team."

"Mr McNamara do you feel you'll get promoted in your first season and do you think these players can help towards this?"

"It's my first season here, nobody knows what is going to happen yet, all I can say is that we'll be doing our upmost to make sure that we do the best we can. I need time to bring my own ideas across to the players and make the signings I want to make. This first season for me is very much getting use to the squad learning who makes the grade and who does not and then seeing where we go from there. Promotion is a great aim to go for but until we see how the team jells I am not willing to commit to that aim and put unnecessary pressure on the players or coaching staff. Let's first see how things go at the start then we can look at the future. Firstly the players need time to get to know me and my style and I need time to get to know them plus our new signings also. I have only been in the job a few days so I would respectfully ask that you give me a chance to really work out what I have and what I need." 

Southampton welcome Stephen Caulker to the club.

S_Caulker     27 eng  2 24  5  2 25 300 200 557 342

So our first signing to be introduced to the fanz is 27 year old defender Stephen Caulker. A very good center back at this level and has also played in the top flight. Caulker has arrived from QPR as part of the deal that took vergal Vandijk to QPR. Caulker is dependible and a solid defender. He's played at the top level and is experienced in this league as well. He knows what it takes to be a good defender and could help some of the younger defenders in the team. Caulker said the following on his move to the club in his press conference earlier today.

"This is a fantastic chance for me, Southampton are a well run club and there manager is full of ambission to succeed and make this team a force to be reckoned with. When I was first made aware of the deal to bring me here I was not sure how to take it due to them just being taken over by a new manager. However when I met with Ian and we spoke about his vision and deturmination for the club his passion won me over instantly. I did not hesitate on agreeing to come after meeting ian and feel that this is the write place for me to come and continue my Career. It's a club that's really well ran and always tends to achieve big things despite not being a top level club. My hope in the four seasons I am here is to help the club grow into the team Ian wants it to be. His vision is such an exciting one and if I can be part of assisting that to happen it will make me very happy in deed. I know that this club have ambission and hope that I can be a big part of that moving forward. I have good experience and I am sure that I can help this club achieve some good things while I am here."

McNamara said the following.

"Stephen is a fantastic player, when I knew vergal wanted to leave I knew that it would take a good offer to allow him to go, when Stephen was offered as part of the deal I did not hesitate, I know his quality as a defender and what he's able to do. He is a no noncence center half who just wants to put defending first. This season is going to be a hard one and we need a good mix of youth and experience. At 27 Stephen has still got a good few years left yet and we're hoping that he'll improve drasticly under us." 

Southampton welcome Dan Darbyshire to the club.

D_Darbyshire  21 eng  1  2  2 23

So the second signing of the trio of new signings is 21 year old Dan Darbyshire. he is a striker with ambission and he's worked hard to get a chance in QPR's first team squad. However now he's arrived with us and so far in training he's looked hungry and committed to doing whatever it takes to successfully obtain a place in the first team. Qpr were about to send hin to Dartford but after they heard Vandijk was availible they offered Dan along with Stephen to make this deal happen. We were looking for the chance to lower the age of our strikers so this worked well in our favour. Dan is a player we've not actually seen much and it looks like he'll be more of a around the box striker as he has very low secondaries but we're hoping that with training and regular football that might improve. Dan Darbyshire said the following.

"Southampton is a really great club and since my arrival everyone has been really welcoming. The training is really intence and Ian really puts us threw our paces however it's a challange for us and it's great having players in the squad who are looking for the same goals as me. There are some really young players in this squad and all of us want to make the grade at this club. Also with the quality of the under 23s setup here it's amazing to see the quality of younger players here. Mixed with experience as well it'll enable us all to learn from better players. I am eager to get started now and my ambition is to play first team football for this club. I know that Karlan sam and Richarlason are all going to give me a run for my money though so I am going to have to be showing my abilities early on. I am eager to help this club get back up to the top flight as soon as possible so that we can be in the top league along with our under 21ns side. being in the top league is where everyone hopes to be. I am really excited about the potential of this squad because the manager has really high hopes for us which is really good to know."

McNamara said the following about the signing.

"Dan is a player who I don't really know a huge amount about, however when I was offered the chance to sign him I jumped at the chance, it was a chance to lower our strike force age which was something I was keen to do. Wen he came and looked around the club I was impressed by his maturity and attitude he asked questions about what I would expect from him and what he would get from me in return. He also asked about the club's ambitions and that's something that really impressed me because it showed that he was keen and interested in the clubs future. His ideas and mine matched and I am looking forward to see what qualities he will provide us with. So far in training he's looked very committed and wanting to do his best. His finishing is good and he seems to make up for his lack of secondaries by getting into really good positions. I am looking forward to seeing how he develops at the club and weather he will get a chance in the first team."

Southampton Welcome Karlan Grant to the club.

K_Grant       21 hud  1  3  4 23 24 300 300 300 800

the third signing to join the club is 21 year old Karlan Grant. Karlan was signed from Huddisfield town despite having only been there a short time. His goal scoring record has been very good specially when he played for Charlton which got him his big move to the top flight, however wen we heard that we could have him as part of this seasons auction we jumped at the chance to try and take him. People question the price tag and yes it's a big one but we're getting a player with potential and that's what we had to look at wen we put in the high bid. We're currently in a very good position finantially and we knew that it was better to pay to get the man we want. THe club are happy that Karlan agreed to join and we're looking forward to what he can offer us. Karlan Grant said the following about the move.

"Wen I heard Southampton were interested in signing me, it was an exciting moment, I love the ethos of there club and the fact there willing to allow youngsters to develop. At only 21 I am still learning my trade and have a lot of improvements to make to my game. I felt that this club was the write place to make though's improvements. Football is my life and playing for a club as well ran as Southampton is a fantastic achievement for me. I am looking forward to showing what I can do and my aim is to make the first team as quickly as possible. I have ambition to be one of the first choice strikers at the club however I know that there is good compatition for places here and that excites me. I will need to play well and work hard because I have 3 hungry young strikers up against me and we're all fighting for one maybe two positions depending on how the manager is planning to play. There are still things being completed in regards to my move but the manager is great and is stil allowing me to come and train so I can get use to my team mates. Everyone is great to get on with and the buz in the squad is amazing. Everyone is really excited to get going this season and we're all looking forward to the future."

"Karlan may have cost a lot of money and yes people might question why I would spend the amount I did. However Karlan has huge potential and has played for England already at youth level. I am convinced in his potential and although he's cost us a lot of money I have faith that if ever he does not make the grade or we need to cell him for some reason that we can make him good enough so we get more for our investment. We have signed him on a 4 year deal so that's going to give us a really good amount of time to really work with him and develop him into the player he wants to be. He will need to show hunger and passion but already since he's been training with us he's shown that. He's proven he can score goals and that he's got good finishing abilities. If he can show us his qualities on the pitch I feel he could be one of our best strikers at the club. We now have 4 young strikers the oldest being 23 years old, however Karlan being one of the youngest has huge experience already. He's played in the youth setup with England so knows what it's like to play in vital games. We're excited about this signing and the qualities he will hopefully bring to the club."

Busy week at the saints.

Southampton can annouce another three new signings at the club after what has been a busy week. The three signings who have arrived are Matz Sels, Kalidou Koulibaly and Marek Hamšík. Also three players Roethorn deeno and Cowans have been demoted to the under 23s as there promising players who we wish to help develop further. 

The players leaving in order to get the three players above are Vlad Kechiches and Vokins one of our youngsters. The manager said the following.

"I am really happy with these three signings, Matz Sels , Kalidou Koulibaly and Marek Hamšík. are all top players who I am sure will be Fantastic aditions to the club. Letting Vlad go was hard but we decided due to the fact we're looking to freshan up a little that this was a good move, also to get Matz Sels in we had to try and make sure we got a good deal. Aston Villa were very acomidating and offered us a fantastic deal. it's ment letting one of our young youth prospects go but that allowed us to demote young Roethorn to allow him to go and develop along with two of our other younger players. Matz is a player I had at aston villa and brought into the game myself. It's great to see that his development since I have been away has continued to the standard that it has because wen I brought him in then I saw the promis and it's clear he's lived up to it. Kalidou is tall and strong and at 6ft 5 he's going to be commanding hopefully in both boxes. Sergio Ramos is expected to move to write back with Stephen and Kalidou goign in at center half. Marek is a top midfielder a goal scoring midfielder who also knows how to control a game. He is a top quality player and this is a player who I have not worked with before. The other two I have had the pleasure of working with at previous clubs on the cercuit. However with Marik I know his qualities and what I am getting so I have no concerns about what I have signed. I decided to demote the three young players down because I see huge potential in them and felt that it would not be fair to keep them in the first team squad knowing that they were not going to get a chance to play this season. I felt it better to let them go down to the under 23s where they will be able to develop and grow as players."

All three players will be affisially announced to the fanz in the next hour.

Southampton welcome Matz Sels to the club.

M_Sels        27 bel 27  2  2  1 22 705 300 300 300

This is the keepers second time working under manager Ian McNamara as it was McNamara who first brought Matz onto the cercuit wen he was the manager of Aston villa. He is a very good keper who has shown steady quality in his time in England. Wen McNamara saw Newcastle's goalkeeper options he decided to jump at the chance to bring Matz back. Thankfully a deal was agreed and McNamara was able to successfully bring the keeper to the south coast. Matz is a good keeper who's very dependible and reliable. he gives his all in every game. Matz Sels said the following about his move.

"Wen I heard I would be number 2 this season to Edison I spoke to harry about a possible move so that I could get more games. As I did this he informed me that Southampton had put in an offer. When I saw that Ian had come to southampton as there manager I knew that was the place I wanted to be. Ian managed me well when I first came to Aston villa and helped me get use to the english game. Wen I heard he was interested in bringing me back it was not a hard choice to make to come back and work with him again. I am really excited about the 4 year deal I have signed because his vision for the club is amazing and he's really keen to do big things here. I am looking forward to getting started now and have really enjoyed training so far. it's a great group of players." 

"I am really excited to have Matz back working with me. He's a very good keeper and I saw his potential when I brought him into villa. He has clearly developed well in the time I have been away and at 27 is almost a 28 rated keeper meaning he's gone up almost a rating a year of his age. He's a keeper with huge potential and he's going to be the number one without a doubt. I bought him as my number one as he's a keeper I know and like. When I saw Newcastle's goalkeeping options I worked hard to get a deal that would suit both clubs. I got three good players as part of that deal including Matz and I am really happy to be working with him. He is in the running for this seasons club captain although there are a lot of options for that job. Matz however has trained well since coming in and he's really shown his improvement since I had him before." 

Southampton Welcome Kalidou Koulibaly to the club.

At 28 years old and 6ft.5 inches tall Kalidou is an experienced center half. He also plays for Senigal his country as an international. He's also a player who McNamara has worked with in the past and is a very good footballer. He's reliable and a very no noncence defender. At 6ft 3 and 6ft 5 respectively Caulker and Koulibaly should be a tough duo to beet specially in the air. Kalidou said the following about his arrival at southampton.

"I am really happy to be here, I love the ethos of the club and the manager is very ambisious and is eager for the club to succeed. I have loved playing for Newcastle but now it's time for a fresh challange and this is the write club to do it. I feel I am a leader and will really assist the team in making sure they get where they want to be. I know what it takes to win and have played in high profile matches. I am strong and dependible and won't let the team down. If I am picked to play every game I will give my all in every match. I am really excited to come here as there is also a good bunch of players developing in the youth team meaning that more compatition is lightly to be coming up in the next couple of seasons as the younger players are going to be eager to show what there made of. I have also been told by the manager how important I am to his plans which means a lot."

"Kalidou is another player I have worked with before, he's tall and commanding and knows how to play a pass to. He's a solid defender though which is what I am hoping we'll mainly be using him for this season. When he agreed to join us from Newcastle we were very excited to have him and I am eager to work with him again. He is a defender with very good instinkts and he's also a leader to." 

Southampton welcome Marek Hamšík to the club.

M_Hamsik      31 slv  2  4 26 12 25 418 362 196 185

Marek is an experienced slovack international at 31 years old he's been a top player in the italian league for years. He's also played well since he's been at newcastle and adapted to the english game to. He's an experienced goal scoring midfielder and with him Gilphy and Adam in our midfield it's quite an exciting prospect. We also have our young german an Musa battling for the last place in the midfield. Marek is a goalscoring midfielder who knows the position well. This will be an exciting addition to a strong midfield. Marek said the following.

"Coming to this club is an exciting challange for me, I have never worked under Ian but I love his drive to do well. We have a strong side and I have adapted well to what there training style is. I love the other midfielders in the squad there all competitive and with only limited positions for places it's going to be a fight. I am hoping that I will do enough as at 31 my Career is coming toward the later stages. I am really excited with the potential of the midfield I will be playing with. There are some really good options and it's going to be interesting to see who the manager picks."

"Marek is a top quality player, e's played at a high level in the italian league for the main part of his career and in big compatitions as well so he knows what's required. He's a very good football player who knows how to score goals but he also is great at controling a game. I am really excited with the quality of our midfield and what is developing in the under 21ns because a lot of our Midfielders are coming to the later stages of there career's now so we need to keep an eye on the developing crop and hopefully by the time Marek and his other team mates retire there will be some ready made replacements to come in and take over the mantal."

Southampton excited about the upcoming season.

Everyone at Southampton football club are excited as the start of the new season is not far away. Everyone is hoping that the season will be a positive one. both sides are looking strong and have excelent options in there squads. It's going to be interesting to see how the two sides play and how they are able to perform. Training has gone well so far and all the new signings have really settled in extreamly well. The six new players are all well adjusted to the training here although it will be hard to judge how they will play in matches we'll be interested in following them threw out the season. The manager said the following.

"As the season gets closer we're all extreamly excited in the future of the team. I am really excited to see how the lads do. We have one young new signing expected to come in and we'll hope to annnounce that before the season begins. I am really hopeful for the upcoming season and really feel that the team has a bright future. If we can hit the ground running and score goals then we have every hope of success."

Season is about to begin.

We are finally here and it's the day before the first match of the season. The first team face an away trip to Bournemouth and the under 23s will be at home to Stoke city. Both teams have trained hard in pripperation for the matches all new signings are in the squad and we'll be seeing at least 1 who won't make there first appearance. Everyone is buzzing as the start of the. season gets nearer. The manager has confirmed that he's pretty close to picking his first teams for the upcoming games although the training session later today will cement his choices. The manager said the following on the upcoming season.

"We came in at the pre-season stage so we've not yet seen anyone play so it's hard to decide what tactics will be best. These first five or six games will hopefully give us a good idea of where the side are and where our strengths lye. I expect dedication from all players who are selected and it's vital that they show what qualities they have. Everyone in training has really shown there commitment to my approach and I hope that in games that'll continue. It's an exciting time for the club and there will only be one new signing who won't make an appearance. However we won't be waiting long to see him as he'll get a chance in the next game to shine. We'll try our best to give players as much game time as we can but we will be looking to get results and any player who does not perform will be dropped. Everyone has to show there willingness and abilities as we want to have a good first season."