FMFA Manager
Sign in to follow this  
GaryG

The Eagles have landed v.02

PLAYERS RETURN FOR PRE SEASON TRAINING

Today see's Crystal Palace's players return for pre season training, ahead of their first game against Aston Villa on Sunday evening.  As the players arrived at the Crystal Palace FC Training Ground in Beckenham this morning, there was just the one new face arriving through the door.  That was Welsh international defender Chris Mepham who was signed in the auction just last week and was seen as a real coup for the Eagles at the price the paid.

The players looked in high spirits as they arrived, however manager Gary Goodson was quick to state that last season is in the past and that a long hard season lay ahead for his Eagles side.  "We have to focus on the new season ahead" Goodson said.  "We did brilliantly last season and we must not forget that but the task in hand is now to focus on the season ahead as it will be a tough one for us".  Asked whether he was concerned that only one new face had arrived through the door and a number had left, Goodson 39, replied "Not at all, we have a great bunch of lads here who want to build on last season and have a better one this time around.  We are looking to bring at least another face through the door and have also promoted a couple of lads from the u23's who we feel can make a real impact this season.  I am in daily contact with Simon and he assures me he and his team are working hard at the targets I have identified".

• Like 1

PALACE CAPTURE ITALIAN STARLET

Crystal Palace have announced the signing of Italian forward Patrick Cutrone from AC Milan for a club record fee.  Although the fee has not been disclosed, it is said to have blown Palace's previous transfer record 'out of the water' after chairman Simon Parish delivered on his promise to back manager Gary Goodson ahead of the new season.

Speaking to the media today, a delighted manager gave his thoughts on the deal "I am absolutely delighted to welcome Patrick to the club.  What this signing shows is the ambition of the club and that we want to move onto the next level.  Simon has worked tirelessly all through the close season to get this deal over the line and I'm delighted it has been concluded before the season gets under way officially.  The lad doesn't speak a word of English but we have a great group of lads here who will help him settle into life in London and the Premier League.  It's an exciting time for the fans of this football club who have had to endure some tough times over recent years but we are looking to change that and this signing is just one step towards that goal".

The capture of Cutrone along with auction signing Chris Mepham, has been seen as good business by the London based club and one's that wil get the fans excited.  Both are 21 years old and have great futures ahead of them and fans will be hoping that they can hit the ground running at their club.  Whether that concludes Palace's business for this pre season is unknown at this point, however it they are to be the only signings, then fans cane be satisified with both.