FMFA Manager

Hi everyone,

I am a user on [URL=https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/]BigFooty[/url], where we run similar text based games for Cricket and Australian Rules Football, both of which are quite popular on the board. And we were looking to expand into Association Football (Soccer).

I was wondering if it was possible to be sent a copy of the sim that is used so that we we would be able to start our own league?

If this is not the right place to ask this question, can you please direct to the right location or person to speak to.

Thanks,

akkaps

Edited by akkaps

Thank you.

Is there a guide to using the program, because there are a lot of files contained in the folder?

And does this also work on a MacOS, or is it just for PC?

@Daniel , this is brilliant. and really easy to use.

I went through the Beginner Pack and played a game using tm1 and tm2. Though I was wondering how I would go about creating my own roster, using usernames from my forum. I am able to create a teamsheet using TSM Plus, but when I try to insert that teamsheet into esms+ _v335 or tsc_v335, the porgrams don't pick up the teamsheet that I created.

Thanks.

So I was able to create a new roster by copying and pasting the tm1 and tm2 files.

I have a few more questions:

Is there a minimum and maximum for number of players?

Also, with the st-tk-ps-sh-ag numbers, is there an arbitrary set of numbers that could work on all players?

Can I use random letters for nationality? States of Australia?

thanks. 

Yes the esms sheet you put in for game must have 16 players (11 starters and 5 subs)

You also would really need a minimum of say 20 in the roster to allow for injuries/suspensions of players. Maximum I don't think there is but it is easier to manage if you set one of say 30.

Not sure what you mean by the st tk ps sh ag numbers. Firstly ag is aggression and the higher it is the more likely they are to get cards but also helps in them winning challenges etc. The others are their keeping, tackling, passing and shooting rating. To be realistic whatever figures you use you need to make your better players have the right skills. So take Aguero at Man City who is a good striker and not a keeper. His keeping will be low really low but his shooting high. Then a striker who is not as good as him would be a lower sh rating than him. But there is no arbitrary set of numbers you can use. 

Nationality can be anything you want just three letters so yes you could use states but three letters so Queensland as que say. 

But how many players do I need for a roster (squad)?

Is there a way to turn off injuries? Because I don't want players to be missed half a season. The one week off for a red card is fine.

In your instance, Aguero should have the same abilities as everyone else in the side. Meaning he could play GK one game, and then FW the next. And every player would have the same level of competence on the field in every position. I may have to trial a few numbers to get some good results.

Seeing as our forum is based in Australia, I just wanted to make sure of this. We would be using act, nsw, nt0, qld, sa0, tas, vic, wa0, then for people from overseas they'd have a country listed.

Also, does age have any impact on the players performance? Can I just list everyone as 18 for the same output.

Basically, what I need is to have everyone have the same equal abilities and performance level, so that it's the sim and the tactics that make the difference in the result not the player performance. 

1 hour ago, akkaps said:

But how many players do I need for a roster (squad)?

Is there a way to turn off injuries? Because I don't want players to be missed half a season. The one week off for a red card is fine.

In your instance, Aguero should have the same abilities as everyone else in the side. Meaning he could play GK one game, and then FW the next. And every player would have the same level of competence on the field in every position. I may have to trial a few numbers to get some good results.

Seeing as our forum is based in Australia, I just wanted to make sure of this. We would be using act, nsw, nt0, qld, sa0, tas, vic, wa0, then for people from overseas they'd have a country listed.

Also, does age have any impact on the players performance? Can I just list everyone as 18 for the same output.

Basically, what I need is to have everyone have the same equal abilities and performance level, so that it's the sim and the tactics that make the difference in the result not the player performance. 

As many as you want but a minimum of 16 as that is how many are required on a sheet to run a game and as I said before 20 maybe a wise minimum to allow for injuries/suspensions

You can turn off injuries - I take it you downloaded the beginners pack zip. In it is a file called league.dat. In that you will find about two-thirds down a line that says "Max_injury_length = 22" just change it to 0 and that will give no injuries. 

If you want everyone to have the same abilities that that is fine it is up to you and the game you run. There is no norm for the starting ratings that is upto you to set how you want. Also players names can be made up but max length of name is usually 13.

Your abbreviations for states I think but I'm not sure that it needs to be letters so nt0 might not work but try it and see as it may I've never used numbers in the country before. Age, Name do nothing it is the stats that matters eg the st,tk,ps,sh ratings. So age as far as I know does not affect performance.

Hope that helps.