Welcome to the FMFA. If you are trying to register a new account please use STEAM or GOOGLE as there is a problem with the internal registration system and if you try to register you will get an error. Using STEAM or GOOGLE will allow you to register and join the game.

What do you want from the U23s? (Part One)

David

What U23 League & Cup Competition Do You Want?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What U23 League & Cup Competition Do You Want?

• Keep Current Format of Three Leagues and U23 Group Stage Round
    • Keep Current Format of Three Leagues but have U23 Cup as Straight Knockout as before
    • Change League Format to Two Leagues as before and Cup back to Straight Knockout
    • Change League Back to Two Leagues as before but Keep U23 Cup as now with Group Stage.
    • Don't Mind Competition Format, will go with Majority Vote

Managers have voted for the U23's to stay but it seems the majority do think it should change so what we need to do is decide the best way forward.

Firstly we have the new format of 3 divisions for the league or do we prefer the previous format of 2 leagues as the seniors have?

Now some said that the league games started a lot after the seniors as there were fewer. This was my doing as the cup changed to group format to start and I wanted to get cup games out of the way first but it can easily be spread out so there is a mix of cup first round group games and league games rather than one competition before the other.

The other point was the belief of less abs in the fewer games but this is why the cup changed to even it out and give more games there so more abs. 

The main reason it changed was to provide greater competition with teams having something to play for right through the season rather than be sat in mid table with nothing to play for and the season still having a good few games to play.

So can we all vote on whether we wish to keep the current format or change back to previous two divisions.

I have selected the option Change League Back to Two Leagues as before but Keep U23 Cup as now with Group Stage.

The reason is simple: the time I have played (a short one, but I did) under the current format I highly enjoyed the new Cup format. Group stages allow us to compete better and in a funnier way IMO. But I experienced the opposite thing with the new league format. And that was a big surprise for myself, considering that I've always been a defender of "the most divisions a competition has, the funnier and dynamic it is", but maybe the fact of being so few teams on each league, made them predictable and monotonous. Personally, I enjoyed much more the previous two league format. A bigger division, more teams, less monotonous. It's true that this way we eliminate the fact (a interesting one) of the relegation places, but doing a comparison between one way or the other one, I definitely prefer to go back to the previous system.

I am not voting. I will let the consensus win because I'm not too fussed personally. I view U23s as a mechanism to facilitate players for the first team. If I see that they're going to be beneficial and make it I will show an interest and sheet, irrelevant of the format of the competition. 🙂 Winning/losing U23 competitions doesn't really matter a huge deal for me. I guess that means I would like the method that gives me the most games (i.e. league the whole season) but if people prefer it another way happy to go with that.

its all about bringing players through to your first team but also the bit part players should be used for generating cash for the club. So my point is each season a team should have a few earmarked for the senior side and then a few they concentarate on also for atm or sales to loower clubs because not every player should make it, the one thing we shouldnt do is make it to hard to develop a player for your senior side if the gap between your seniors and the upcoming youths is too big the youths will get neglected by managers and some managers, myself included, like a project of developing players, it should never be about just buying the players all the time it takes an aspect away from the game

I voted to change it back to 2 divisions and to change the cup back to a straight knockout.

When we had 2 divisions the season just seemed to flow better and it was easier to keep track of which game number it was.

IMO cups should be a knockout format, otherwise it's not a cup. If it has groups then it should be called a Trophy (like the EFL Trophy) or a league (like the Champions League).

I think this season on here and in TDE I never played a full strength side in any of the group cup games. It's a format that I do not like.

On 9/18/2021 at 3:09 PM, Dazoctaron said:

IMO cups should be a knockout format, otherwise it's not a cup. If it has groups then it should be called a Trophy (like the EFL Trophy) or a league (like the Champions League).

I think this season on here and in TDE I never played a full strength side in any of the group cup games. It's a format that I do not like.

Name surely doesn't matter but if majority like the groups we can call it Trophy instead of Cup it is only a name at end of the day.

Right in order to revert back to two Divisions, Admin have agreed on the following:

Play-Offs will continue and the winners along with the two automatically promoted sides in Division 1 & 2 will go into the Prem for next season along with the top 6 in this seasons Prem.

The reason for this is they will have earned promotion this season and it would be wrong to take that away from them.

That will then give the 12 teams in the Prem.

The remaining 14 will be in Division One.

• Like 1